~ In The Limelight ~


This month our "In The Limelight" interview is with Lena. You can visit her at Spiritsoflena or findingelsewhere. A gal of many talents!




Photography

When did the photo bug bite you?

I have always loved photography. I remember using an old camera with no film in it as a kid and just snapping shots of things I found interesting.


What was your first camera and what do you use now?

I don't remember what my first camera was. I use a Sony Digital camera and am saving up to upgrade at some point.

What is on your equipment wish list?

A new camera!

Where do you look for inspiration? A favorite photographer?

Everything is inspiration to me. I love any kind of art; anything that captures something provocative. In terms of photography, I love candid shots of people. I also love photography that captures the beauty of nature.

What are your favorite subjects to photograph?

People and nature.

What aspect of your photography are you working on? Trying to improve?

My technical knowledge. This is the area where I am the weakest in terms of knowing about a camera's settings, knowing how to balance light and angle, etc. I have learned more about these things from being part of the Friday Shoot Out from people who have shared their knowledge. I am very thankful to people that share this knowledge!

Blogging

Blogging since    

February 2009


Why did you start blogging?

I love to write and be creative.
I find blogging to be an easy way to share my creativity and also to connect with other creative people.

Is there a story behind the name of your blog?

Lena is a nickname I've had since childhood.


What does blogging mean to you now?

It's a great way to connect with people and a platform to share ideas.

What advice would you give to a new blogger?

Do it for fun and connect with other bloggers. If you like to write, you will find it to be a rewarding experience!


Do you have a favorite time of the day to write posts?

Whenever I can find time! Usually in the evenings.

Have you set any goal about your blog? Anything you want to achieve with it?

I'd love to earn a partial living with it. I love to be creative and what greater thing is there than to make a living by doing what I love! If that goal is not achieved, though, I will still blog because I enjoy the venue and expressing my ideas.

What are you favorite places to visit on the web that aren’t blogs?

poetry websites, flickr, email

Guest Interview Questions


From Elaine Dale:

Who has influenced you the most in your life?

Wow, too many people have influenced me to pick just one!

From Mark:

What is the most difficult struggle you have had with something you didn't like about yourself and how did you overcome it?

I have had a difficult time with anxiety in the past. I have used many techniques and have found meditation to be extremely helpful.

Personal

What would you like to teach others?

creative writing; mindfulness


Which adjectives best describe you?

ideally, creative and kind.

How has your life been different than what you have imagined?

I never thought I would be divorced (does anyone?) I also did not expect that some day I would be somebody's stepmother, which I will become in June.

Do you have any special talents; such as singing, dancing, playing a musical instrument?

I write; the level of my talent is subjective!

How would you like to be remembered?

As someone who was kind and compassionate.

What are your basic stats that you would like to share?

I am 36, live in South Jersey, and am about to be married in six months.

If you could interview anyone from your life living or dead, but not a celebrity, who would it be and why?

Either of my grandmothers or grandfathers to learn about them as people and learn more about my family history. When I was a kid, I did not think of them in the same way I do now.

Favorite saying or quotation:
(or any comment you would like to make)


Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.
Viktor E. Frankl



Thank you Lena for a great interview!

Comments

  1. Thanks Lena - Glad you shared with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to know you better, Lena.
    Love your quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...wonderful interview..so nice to get to know you:) Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am honored to be "in the limelight" here. The FMTSO has been a wonderful experience!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent interview. Thanks for sharing. I love your poetry, by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think, in the comments below: