Mr. MckLinky Information..


My Town..MrMckLinky

Hi everyone!! After much discussion we have decided to add the Mr. Mcklinky to our weekly Shoot out. I'm popping in to fill you in on the details and how it works. I have also added instructions on the new page! I will add a link to the main FMTSO blog!

Each week if you have posted a Shoot Out, you will then go to the Mr. MckLinky page and add your name to the post for that week. When you go to that page you will see a part that says, "You are next..click here to enter you link" click there and you will be asked to add two things.. your name and a link to your blog..

Example...name..Sarah Cottage Garden Studios
link.. http://cottagegardenstudiophotos.blogspot.com

Once you have entered these two things and clicked "enter your link"..your name will pop up above on the list! This way we can see who has posted a Shoot out and if you click on each name it will take you right to their blog..no guessing! Please do not post your name there if you have not posted a shootout..but please use the links to go visit those who have:)

I think once we have tried it once or twice..everyone will see how easy it is to use! Please feel free to email me at cottagegardenstudio@gmail.com if you have any problems or questions! Namaste, Sarah

Comments

  1. thank you Sarah for helping out wiht this 'new process' I look forward to seeing it in action. this week a few of us may try both and if we find a post that hasn't been entered we can leave a comment that says 'hey check out TownBlogger' Good luck everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. One question: I schedule my post to appear on Fri AM. Is there a way to schedule it on Mr Linky?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will need to tell everyone by visiting sites, because only a certain amount of members even come over here...I believe that is why many only follow the ones who comment on their site or have a regular group they follow through the feed stream...my guess anyway...and will this be the last post on this site otherwise? So it is seen as new members stream in...will numbers be kept under 50 as in the past?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this idea. Just seems so much simpler than who did and who didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you decided to use Mr.Linky. I post to Theme Thursday (though not lately, what with NaNoWriMo), and when I have post-dated my blog entry, I've left a comment to that effect, e.g., "My post will be up at 1:00 a.m. PST" - but over there, the custom is to put your name in the Mr. Linky,and leave a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your efforts. This should eliminate the wasted trips to blogs that didn't have time to post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems simple enough instructions to follow, thanks, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Sarah for the help and welcome to the town blogger team!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this idea. OK, I am not posting for a bit since losing TJ but you can bet your sweet cheeks that I will be back and stronger than ever!!! Plus I still like to visit member sites even if I really am not a member anymore. Back soon...Miss you all!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Sarah for setting this up so soon, it's makes it easier for me to visit those participating weekly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like Kerry, I would be interested to know if there is a way of scheduling. I sometimes don't have the opportunity to get on the computer for a couple of days (because of health reasons) but always have my Friday My Town scheduled in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My post, also is scheduled...I will have to remember tomorrow to "Mr. Linky" it before going to work. Somehow I can't say "Mr. Linky" without chuckling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sandy one of the advantages to this process is that you can post whenever you feel up to it, and at that point ask Elizabeth if your name can't be back on the sidepanel. We are going to try and keep the side panel at 50 or so just to show a few of the members, but who participates on My Linky are really members....

    ReplyDelete
  14. When ever you post your Shoot out on your blog - then go and add the link then - it is open to take links through next Wed..so anytime you get it up..go then and add your link. I will go off and see if you can schedule a link...hmmm not sure.
    You are very welcome..my pleasure!
    :)Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm intrigued by this whole concept. How do I get involved?? If someone could email me, that would be awesome!

    trish_od@hotmail.com.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it ...I haven't had a chance to do it ...but I will.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sarah, I made an error in my blog address when posting my name on Linky. Had to resubmit. Is there a way to erase the bad post, Now my name is on there twice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think, in the comments below: